Helping Victims Of False Arrest And Malicious Prosecution Fight Back
While both New York and federal law guarantee you several civil rights, one of the most fundamental is that you cannot be arrested, detained or held in custody without probable cause.
If the police violate this right and place you under wrongful arrest for any reason, you may have legal recourse available. Similarly, if the government elects to prosecute you for an alleged offense, despite the lack of probable cause, you may be entitled to file a claim for malicious prosecution. Regardless of whether you are the victim of a false arrest or false prosecution, however, you need a dedicated and knowledgeable lawyer by your side defending your rights.
At Luibrand Law Firm, PLLC, we believe police officers, prosecutors and government officials should be held accountable if they overstep their authority and violate your civil rights, especially if this violation involves a false arrest or malicious prosecution.
You only have 90 days to file a notice of your false arrest claim since it is against the government, so you need to act quickly. Schedule your FREE initial consultation at Luibrand Law Firm, PLLC, today by calling 518-213-3770 or toll-free at 877-240-9594. You can also reach out to us online. We serve clients throughout the Capital Region and Upstate New York, including those in Albany, Troy and Schenectady.
Unparalleled Civil Rights Experience
Even though most lawyers will never handle a false arrest or malicious prosecution claim, attorney Kevin Luibrand has represented clients in over 30 such cases. While he has obtained many successful results for his clients over the last 35 years, some of his noteworthy verdicts and settlements include:
- $3,635,000 verdict for the malicious prosecution of a businessman stemming from false criminal charges
- $1,800,000 settlement at trial for a man denied reasonable medical care while in prison.
- $1,750,000 verdict for the malicious prosecution and use of excessive force against a woman
- $835,000 jury verdict for a jail ignoring an inmate’s complaints of chest pain that resulted in a heart attach. Case in on appeal.
- $310,000 settlement prior to trial for a family who’s personal data was improperly obtained from internal police records.
- $300,000 verdict for a minister wrongly accused of abuse by social services
- $250,000 settlement at trial for a man wrongfully picked up by police and dumped into woods.
- $225,000 settlement prior to trial for senior citizen abused at nursing home.
- $225,000 settlement for a young woman mistreated in a youth home.
- $210,000 for a woman mistreated by medical staff at a correctional facility resulting in a miscarriage.
- $200,000 for a young man who died while police where chasing another vehicle.
- $180,000 settlement for a deputy sheriff retaliated against at work for exercising his freedom of speech and running for political office.
- $80,000 jury verdict for a man illegally strip searched.
If you are facing false arrest or malicious prosecution, do you want an attorney who has never actually dealt with a civil rights case before? Of course not, you need an attorney who has extensive civil rights experience ― you need Kevin Luibrand.