Helping You Protect Your Civil Rights
Under the U.S. and New York constitutions, citizens are guaranteed certain civil rights, including the freedom of speech, freedom of association, freedom from false arrest and freedom from the use of excessive force, just to name a few.
When a government official or agent violates these rights ― either through acts or intimidation ― you may be able to seek legal recourse by filing a civil rights claim. However, filing such a claim can be difficult without legal representation.
If you believe a government employee, including police officer, a politician, or bureaucrat has violated your civil rights, let Luibrand Law Firm, PLLC, help you hold the government accountable for these wrongful and illegal acts.
In truth, most attorneys will never handle a civil rights claim. So, how do you know which lawyer to trust with your case? The answer is simple: you trust the lawyer who has experience and a proven track record ― you trust Kevin Luibrand. Not only does he have more than three decades of legal experience, but The National Trial Lawyers selected him as one of the Top 100 trial attorneys in the U.S. from 2014 – 2018.
Legal Guidance You Trust, Experience You Need
Attorney Kevin Luibrand has represented both individuals and businesses in over 75 civil rights cases. He is recognized as one of the premier civil rights attorneys in New York State, having obtained many substantial verdicts and settlements for his clients. Given this extensive background, he can assist you with a broad range of civil rights claims, including:
Attorney Kevin Luibrand’s success in the area of civil rights has not gone unnoticed, with one regional newspaper describing him as “a lawyer who sets records in the courtroom,” and another calling him “the most high-profile civil rights attorney in the region.”
Civil Right Results
- $3,635,000 verdict for malicious prosecution for false criminal charges lodged against a businessman. The verdict was reduced after trial.
- $1,800,000 settlement at trial for a man denied reasonable medical care while in person.
- $1,750,000 jury verdict for use of excessive force against a woman. The verdict was reduced on appeal.
- $835,000 jury verdict for a jail ignoring an inmate’s complaints of chest pain that resulted in a heart attack. Case in on appeal.
- $650,000 settlement after 10 days of trial for retaliation claim by guards against sheriff and county.
- $350,000 for a mother and son injured by police while attempting an arrest.
- $350,000 for a student who’s arm was broken by police on a school bus.
- $225,000 settlement for a young woman mistreated in a youth home.
- $210,000 for a woman mistreated by medical staff at a correctional facility resulting in a miscarriage.
- $60,000 for a man who experienced racially disparaging signs posted near a time clock at his workplace.
Contact Luibrand Law Firm, PLLC, Today
To schedule a FREE initial consultation with an experienced Albany civil rights lawyer, call us at 518-213-3770 or toll-free at 877-240-9594, or email us online. From our office in Latham, we serve clients throughout the Capital Region and Upstate New York.